Project scheduled for 2018 completion
Progress is being made by Granger Construction at St. Mary Mercy Hospital in Livonia, Michigan. This $3.4 million project includes replacement of the existing chapel and additional spiritual programming including a Muslim Prayer room and a Seekers Space for people of all faiths.
Other project details:
- The unique geometry of the exterior immediately attracts visual attention from the main entrance.
- The use of high end finishes and architectural components makes the chapel a destination place for all.
- The chapel requires detailed coordination of all utilities above the chapel’s compound curved linear metal ceiling.
- An emphasis is placed on the manipulation of light, especially noticed in the 16-foot high dichroic glass frame used to bring in various shades of light as the movement of the sun falls.
- Curved wood benches in the Seeker Space, custom-designed limestone altar and a wood slat metal-framed door are just a few of the custom furnishings designed and seamlessly integrated into the construction.
To view progress, watch the drone video below.