Granger Construction Company completed renovations at the University of Michigan G.G. Brown Memorial Laboratory building in September 2016. This $40 million project began in May 2014 and was completed in 14 different phases.
Constructed in 1958, the 220,000-square-foot building is home to the chemical, civil, materials sciences and mechanical engineering departments within UM’s College of Engineering.
The project renovated the entire building to create state-of-the-art academic and instructional spaces; upgraded the building’s heating, ventilation, air conditioning, electrical and life-safety systems; replaced the exterior windows to improve energy efficiency; improved accessibility; and provided new finishes in public spaces.