- The new Kent County Jail Addition includes an additional 13,000 s.f. for Work Release space and a new Kitchen area.
- The new addition provides a separate locker room and dress out areas for secure transition in and out of the facility to streamline operations.
- Direct access secure stairwells were constructed to provide a secure corridor for the transfer of inmates between the housing units and Work Release dress out area.
- An additional control room was constructed within the new addition to allow staff to supervise and operate the Work Release Program.
- The new state-of-the-art institutional kitchen is capable of providing food service for a population of 1,500 inmates.
Post Associates, Inc.