- The majority of the new Caro Psychiatric Hospital will be single-story, with administration and training areas located on a second floor. The facility will also consist of four separate 25-bed patients units, with a downtown zone and two neighborhood spaces in a centralized location hat will house various support spaces.
- A central nurse station will be located at the core of each of the patient units, with views down each wing.
- There will also be secure yards provided between each of the two units at each end of the facility, and unsecure yards for staff and patients.
- Four clinical staff and office pods will be located at the connector of each patient wing.
- Medical services and patient intake will be located on the first floor along the main corridor that connects to the downtown zone, while the main entry, family visitation and legal services will be adjacent to medical services.
- the building will be oriented to provide views of the woods, meadows and river to as many patient rooms as possible, while other rooms will have views of the interior garden courtyards.
Granger Construction was selected as the Construction Management partner by the State of Michigan Department of Technology, Management and Budget (DTMB) and the Department of Health and Human Services to construct a new 100-bed psychiatric hospital in Caro, Michigan. This new 127,000 SF facility will replace the existing, aging structure, bringing all support services under one roof and better meeting the long-term psychiatric care needs in Michigan. The project team includes partners from nationally recognized behavioral health designers (Arch+, IDS). Granger has also expanded our network of specialty vendors for this field, including anti-ligature, anti-barricade and behavioral health products. The project will also implement emerging trends of telehealth integration in the facility.
Construction Management (CM)
Integrated Design Solutions