- More private rooms for the safe and compassionate care of children who have been sexually abused
- Secured areas for improved management of children with behavioral problems
- More physical open space
- An increased number of classrooms
- Spacious family-like living areas
- Expanded medical facilities
In the summer of 2003, Granger Construction began providing General Contracting services for the new St. Vincent Home for Children in Lansing, Michigan. This facility serves to heal the lives of nearly 2,000 children and their families each year, offering both short- and long-term programs for children in crisis, ages four to 17. Established in 1951, the previous home’s aging infrastructure mandated improvements as it became increasingly challenging to house children in a safe and secure environment. The new home features:
Wigen, Tincknell, Meyer & Assoc.