Charlotte Public Schools have worked with Granger Construction since 1998, with Granger helping pass four bond proposals and successfully delivering the projects encompassed.
Granger is serving as Construction Manager to implement construction work at eight different buildings. This bond work focusses on enhancing educational programs, safety and security updates, improving learning spaces and increasing operational efficiency.
In advance of the 2020 Bond initiative, Charlotte Public Schools hired Granger to lead a facilities assessment. Granger also worked with TMP Architecture to develop the bond program in advance of the successful bond campaign.
Key project features include:
- New Agricultural Learning Center, including site work and equipment
- Athletics updates including new auxiliary gym, new concession building with restrooms near baseball/softball fields and new tennis facility with eight (8) tennis/pickle ball courts, parking, site lighting and bleachers
- New seven-classroom addition at Galewood Early Elementary School
- New five-classroom addition at Washington Elementary School
- Improvements to learning spaces district-wide including classroom/instructional technology upgrades and new classroom and media center furniture
- Safety and security upgrades district-wide including additional interior and exterior cameras, site lighting in parking areas, enhanced safe and accessible playground equipment and fire alarm replacement
- Operational efficiency and infrastructure upgrades district-wide including HVAC improvements and window and roof replacement
Additions and renovations to five of the District’s buildings including:
- Charlotte High School – Two new and two renovated science classrooms/labs; girls and boys locker room addition; weight room renovation; administrative office addition; art room renovation; new heating and ventilation system; improved lighting; updated classroom technologies; new energy efficient windows and doors and reconfigured building entries to ensure all visitors pass by the administrative offices.
- Charlotte Middle School/Upper Elementary – New building controls for heating and ventilation systems and new security cameras.
- Parkview Elementary – New building entrance and main office; new roof sections; reconfigured building entries; new security cameras and energy efficient windows and doors; improved lighting and classroom technologies; renovated restrooms and computerized temperature controls.
- Washington Elementary – New building entrance and main office; improved parent pick-up/drop-off loop; reconfigured building entries; new energy efficient windows and doors, improved lighting and classroom technologies; renovated restrooms and computerized temperature controls.
- Weymouth Child Development Center – Entrance canopy removal and reconstruction; new energy efficient windows, rooftop exhaust units and HVAC unit.
- Constructed a new auditorium/fine arts center at the high school and a new pool at the middle school.
- Constructed a new single-story middle school with three gyms, four locker rooms, one cafeteria, one auditorium/cafeteria, music wing, complete kitchen, district computer center, special education classrooms, 5th-8th grade wings with computer labs, media center and offices. Work also included renovations and upgrades to six elementary schools and their sites.