Holt Public Schools have worked with Granger Construction since 2001.
Granger is serving as Construction Manager to implement construction work district-wide to improve infrastructure, safety and learning environments. Granger lead a facilities assessment and worked with GMB to develop the bond program in advance of the successful bond campaign. The bond work will provide significant upgrades at all school buildings, but will emphasize projects at the elementary level. It will also allow the high school to become a 9-12 grade building, which is currently only occupied by grades 9-11. Work will take place in four series and will be ongoing through the summer of 2029.
Key project features include:
- Constructing two new TK-5 elementary schools at opposite ends of the District and
reconfiguring existing elementary schools to accommodate grades TK-5, including possible
classroom additions and gym additions.
- Adding classroom space at Washington Woods to create a 6-8 middle school and
expanding the cafeteria.
- The North campus will become an Innovation Center which serve programs such as
Holt’s Early College, dual college enrollment, Robotics courses, Energy Fundamentals
courses, Aviation courses, Project Lead the Way Engineering courses, Career and
Technical Education and more.
- Making select improvements to Athletics and Performing Arts.
- Updating facilities to ensure a safe and secure learning environment including secure
building entrances, improved traffic flow and re-imagined playgrounds.
- Adding new technology and infrastructure that will enable easy access to innovative
learning opportunities with updated devices and equipment.
- Creating flexible, modern spaces that support creativity and collaboration.
- Updating building infrastructure to address aging facility issues and improve
Granger assisted Holt Public Schools in developing a 160-acre parcel of land to build a new high school campus. This project also included renovation work at 8 existing facilities, conversion of the existing high school into a seventh-eight-grade junior high school, conversion of the existing junior high into a ninth-grade facility and renovations to 5 elementary schools.
Features at the new high school campus included:
- Eight-lane competitive pool
- 5,000 seat stadium with natural turf and track
- Competition soccer field
- Tennis court complex (10 courts)
- Softball complex (2 fields)
- Baseball complex (2 fields)
- Football/soccer practice fields (3)
- Concessions/restroom/team room buildings (2)