- The 426 Michigan Avenue project is a strategic, integrated campus designed to offer “one-stop” medical care for patients. Located on Michigan Avenue’s Medical Mile in Grand Rapids, it is just a few blocks from Spectrum Health’s downtown hospital campus.
- The project comprised the complete renovation of a three-story, 30-year-old building to develop a state-of-the-art medical office building with diagnostic and treatment services and equipment in one location.
- The interior was completely gutted, removing all mechanical, electrical and architectural materials to return the building back to a core and shell configuration.
- The first floor contains a new main lobby/reception area and waiting room, one radiology/X-ray room, two future radiology rooms to be built out at a later date, four blood draw rooms and a lab processing room, 12 exam rooms and one alcohol screening room.
- The second and third floors consist of 28 exam rooms and two large team work rooms each, with the third floor specifically serving pediatric patients.
- Granger also constructed a new drop-off canopy and vestibule at the main entrance that includes a decorative metal panel ceiling with a wood grained finish.
- Work also included staining the brick façade to reflect Spectrum Health branding, installing all new exterior glass, new sidewalks with snowmelt systems, a new brick patio and landscaping, all new MEP systems, a new roof and new asphalt for the parking lot.
- This project was finished on time and within budget.
Construction Management with GMP
Fishbeck, Thompson, Carr & Huber