In November of 2018, Granger Construction completed major addition and renovation work at St. Joseph Mercy Health System Cancer Center in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
This project involved the expansion and full renovation of the Cancer Center on the SJM Ann Arbor campus, originally built in 1993. The existing two-story building was originally a business occupancy space with basement storage and utility area, adjacent to the hospital’s Radiation Oncology department.
A two-story addition was constructed toward the parking lot, adding approximately 12,000 SF of new floor area to the facility. The project will also provide approx. 9,300 SF of new support areas within the existing footprint of the lower level.
Additional project details include:
- 1st Floor Expansion, approx. 7,300 SF
- New Main Lobby with centralized Reception & Registration
- Expansion of Infusion Center Clinical Area
- 1st Floor Renovation, approx. 18,000 SF
- IHA Hematology/Oncology clinic renovation/expansion
- New Oncology Pharmacy
- Relocated Satellite Lab
- 2nd Floor Expansion & Renovation, Approx. 18,500 SF total
- Specialty Clinics
- Clinical support offices
- Lower Level conversion of existing storage areas, approx. 9,300 SF
- Oncology Services Support offices
- Conference/Education Center