This project consisted of constructing several new indoor and outdoor South Campus athletic venues, the University’s largest sports-focused new construction project in decades.
A new 160,000 SF multipurpose facility, built on 17 acres, serves student-athletes involved with track and field, cross country, lacrosse, wrestling, tennis, rowing and gymnastics. This facility includes:
- An outdoor track venue that accommodates 2,000 spectators
- A 100,000 SF indoor track facility for 1,000 fans that includes one of only nine hydraulically banked running tracks in the United States
- An outdoor lacrosse stadium that houses 3,000 spectators
- An indoor rowing facility that allows the team to train in competition conditions year-round
- Shared performance lab, locker rooms, strength and conditioning facilities, meeting space and sports medicine facilities
This project involved a major pre-construction effort including multiple estimates for 6 buildings and outdoor facilities that comprise the state-of-the-art sporting complex. Granger utilized a 3-D estimating program to produce highly detailed cost estimates. Impressively, these estimates were within 3% of the comparison estimate produced by the University and 2% under budget on bid day.